Meguiar's Quik Scratch Eraser Kit – All in One Kit to Remove Fine Blemishes - G190200, Kit
If you have light scratches and scuffs but don’t want to work by hand, there’s now a great solution with Meguiar’s Quik Scratch Eraser Kit. This kit includes everything you need to remove light imperfections quickly and easily. The kit comes with Meguiar’s proprietary 4” Scratch Eraser Pad that attaches to a standard household drill greatly reducing the time and effort it takes to remove light defects when used with Meguiar’s ScratchX, also included in the kit. Meguiar’s ScratchX contains microscopic abrasives to quickly and safely erase blemishes like light scratches, scuff marks, paint transfer, fingernail marks around door handles, light defects and more! The last component in the kit is a premium microfiber towel to safely and gently remove the ScratchX and bring up a brilliant shine. So, if you have fine scratches and blemishes let the drill do the work and erase them with Meguiar’s Quik Scratch Eraser Kit!
All in one kit for safely removing light scratches and scuffs
This inclusive kit supplies you with everything needed to quickly remove light paint defects with very little effort. You supply a standard household drill and then say goodbye to those annoying scuffs, scratches and paint transfer marks that have been preventing your car from looking its best. Using the power of your drill, Meguiar’s proprietary 4” Scratch Eraser Pad maximizes Meguiar’s ScratchX Fine Scratch and Blemish Remover to quickly erase scratches with minimum effort. This combination allows you to safely polish paint and remove defects and blemishes like light scratches, scuff marks, paint transfer, fingernail marks around door handles and more! ScratchX contains microscopic abrasives to remove light defects while polishing to enhance depth of shine without harming your paint. After working the ScratchX in, the included microfiber towel gently removes the remaining residue to reveal a brilliant shine.
Meguiar’s Quik Scratch Eraser Kit comes with:
- Meguiar’s 4” Scratch Eraser Drill Mounted Pad – Foam attachment that goes on a standard household drill. Pad creates enough friction to remove light scratches, blemishes and swirls in glossy paint finishes, but doesn’t create further swirls or cause harm.
- Meguiar’s 4 oz. ScratchX – Meguiar’s paint cleaner that contains advanced microscopic abrasives that work to safely remove fine blemishes while restoring paint clarity and providing a brilliant high gloss. Permanently removes defect rather than simply hiding them.
- Meguiar’s 16” x 16” Premium Microfiber Towel – Thick, deep dual-sided microfiber pile that absorbs two times more than traditional terry towels. Easiest and fastest way to remove residue from ScratchX, and very gentle on painted surfaces to minimize the possibility of creating swirls.
Tips and suggestions for using Meguiar’s Quik Scratch Eraser Kit
- Shake all products well.
- Work on a clean, cool surface in the shade.
- It’s important to mount the Scratch Eraser Pad onto your drill following the manufacturer’s directions. Make sure that the pad is mounted securely.
- Always use both hands to hold and guide the drill, keeping the pad flat on the paint.
- Always keep the pad and drill moving. Allowing the pad to remain in one place can overheat the paint and cause damage.
- Apply a small amount of ScratchX to the pad in an X pattern.
- Place the pad flat on the scratch. Use medium speed and make 4-6 overlapping passes. Repeat as needed until the defect is not noticeable.
- Remove excess ScratchX from the pad by pressing the pad into a clean, damp towel several times. Then, polish the affected area with 4-6 overlapping passes.
- Remove remaining residue with the microfiber towel.
- Be sure to follow with a wax like Meguiar’s Ultimate Quik Wax or Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax to put protection back on the paint.